[c-nsp] PPPoE negotiation trouble on 12.3(12)

Blaz Zupan blaz at inlimbo.org
Thu Jan 6 05:45:34 EST 2005

> can you enable "debug radius authen" and "debug aaa per-user"? it could
> be related to the ACL which is being applied:
>
> Jan  6 08:39:28: Vi2.1 IPCP: State is Open
> Jan  6 08:39:28: AAA/AUTHOR: Processing PerUser AV outacl
> Jan  6 08:39:28: Vi2.1 IPCP: O TERMREQ [Open] id 2 len 4
>
> "debug aaa per-user" shows more information about this.
>
> When you disable authorization, we don't apply the ACL, and the
> connection comes up fine.

Oliver, you are my hero. The radius server is currently being used for dialup
only and it was instructing the NAS to use a access-list, which did not exist
on the C7200 BRAS. I temporary solved the problem with a simple "access-list 5
permit any", now I need to fix the radius config.

> P.S: I'd downgrade to 12.3(10b), 12.3(12) has some issues wrt PPP
> (CSCsa47225)

I'd prefer 12.2S (which we were running before), but PPPoE is not available
there... Regarding CSCsa47225, looks like we won't be affected because it
appears the problem is only with multilink PPP, which we don't use.

Thanks for your help!