[c-nsp] 3550 QoS not working as expected

Nick Shah Nick.Shah at aapt.com.au
Thu Jan 6 17:39:14 EST 2005

Tim

There are a couple of things wrong with the config. Here's what 3550 can
& cant do in terms of QOS:

- Only ingress & egress policing is supported, SHAPING is NOT supported
- It supports 2 types of policers Aggregate & individual
- An aggregate policer acts, in a combined manner, on all classes within
the policy map, essentially policing it to the rate prescribed in the
aggregate policer
- Individual policer polices each class to the rate
- 1 x match statement per class map is supported
- Ingress matching can only be done on match access-group, match ip dscp
& match ip precedence
- Egress matching can only be done on match ip dscp

In your case you can only match on ip dscp (on egress), and you can use
an individual policer. If you want the inbound rate to also be 3MB than
you may need to match on access list, dscp & precedence and then use an
aggregate policer.

Check : http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/473/153.html

That url explains what you can & cant do & how to do it.

Rgds

Nick