[c-nsp] maximum number of ebgp neighbors?

Yasser Aly yaseraly00 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 7 04:56:10 EST 2005

Hi Oliver,

 Thanx for clearing this out.
Yasser

"Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer)" <oboehmer at cisco.com> wrote:
Hi Yasser,

> I heard one day from a colleague that max. number of ebgp neighbors
> is 50.
> It was his way to justify why confederations to be used where as
> Route Reflector technique is much simpler.
> I didn't have a chance to verify his words though.
> What do you think ?

Many customers run routers with many more eBGP sessions than 50. So, in
general, this information is incorrect. If the question is "how many
eBGP sessions can I run on router type xy with zzz MB of memory where
each peer is sending me 100k prefixes before I run out of memory/cpu
resources", the answer could be 50, but it could also be 500. it depends
on many factors...

oli