[c-nsp] SNMP problem on 1712

Michael Markstaller mm at elabnet.de
Fri Jan 7 09:58:59 EST 2005

Part if CISCO-NBAR-PROTOCOL-DISCOVERY-MIB, cnpdAllStatsOutBytes

> but it is not present on our 1712 router. Their previous IPS used 1721
> router and the OID was there.
> Is there any way to get that OID working on our router?

CEF & NBAR needs to be activated on the according interface (ip nbar
protocol discovery)
- the key before .67 here is the ifindex, on 1712 commonly 11 for Vlan1,
5 for FastEth0, others vary
- use "snmp-server ifindex persist"

But when looking on the cnpdAllStatsOutBytes it would be much easier to
poll the same from ifOutOctets (?)

Michael