[c-nsp] Catalyst SX GBIC's and SMF

Church, Chuck cchurch at netcogov.com
Mon Jan 10 08:39:13 EST 2005

For what it's worth, here is info on distances for both GBICs and SFPs:
SFP -
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps5000/products_data_shee
t09186a008014cb62.html
GBIC -
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps872/products_data_sheet
09186a008014cb5e.html

Table One in both cases.  LX will provide much longer distance on MM if
you're stuck using 62.5 micron cable, maybe that's what they were
referring to.

Chuck Church
Lead Design Engineer
CCIE #8776, MCNE, MCSE
Netco Government Services - Design & Implementation Team
1210 N. Parker Rd.
Greenville, SC 29609
Home office: 864-335-9473
Cell: 703-819-3495