[c-nsp] merging 2 flashes into one filesystem

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Mon Jan 10 12:21:25 EST 2005

On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 07:05:07PM +0200, Sorin CONSTANTINESCU wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know this sounds stupid, but, since i don't have 32MB flashes, i'm
> trying to find a way of loading a 22mb IOS image on a 7500 router.
>
> Is there any way besides buying the 32MB one?

	As long as the image in your bootflash: supports the
ATA filesystem, you can use a CF <-> PCMCIA adapter and stick a 128m
CF card in your slot0/slot1 (they become renamed disk0/disk1)

	You will want to reformat it with IOS so you get the right
boot loader in there, but that should solve your situation for now.

	Cisco does not recommend this configuration, but it will work,
and they will continue to support you, with the exception of flash failure :)

	- jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net