[c-nsp] WS-X6x48-GE-TX architecture

Ryan O'Connell ryan at complicity.co.uk
Tue Jan 11 12:33:33 EST 2005

A while ago, there was a discussion on here about the differences in
architecture between the various WS-X6x48-GE-TX modules and the
resulting maximum throughput of those cards. Unfortunately, although I
meant to keep a copy I appear to have deleted it and I can't find a
reference on www.cisco.com.

So, can anyone confirm/deny my recollection that the WS-X6148-GE-TX and
WS-X6548-GE-TX are both limited to 6Gb/s (6 groups of 8 ports, each on
an ASIC with a 1Gb/s connection to the backplane) and the WS-X6748-GE-TX
is required for full line-rate on all ports? (This is with a Sup720, no
other daughter cards etc)

(I assume the architecture is similar within a card "family", so the
WS-X6516A-GBIC will have the same total throughput as a WS-X6548-GE-TX)

Thanks.

--
         Ryan O'Connell - CCIE #8174
<ryan at complicity.co.uk> - http://www.complicity.co.uk

I'm not losing my mind, no I'm not changing my lines,
I'm just learning new things with the passage of time