[c-nsp] VLSM

Anson Rinesmith anson at bigrivertel.net
Tue Jan 11 17:48:12 EST 2005

Actually according to the RFC, Class B and /16 (16-bit local address) are
the same thing...

"The second type (or class b) of address has a 14-bit network number and a
16-bit local address."

If you have a /16 (or class b), and give me anyone 1 IP in that range, I can
tell you the beginning and ending IP of that range, otherwise it is just a
group of Class C's.