[c-nsp] VLSM

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Wed Jan 12 01:51:19 EST 2005

I would be more interested in finding out where such traffic is
originating from.  That egress point should have a firewall
on it that should have sufficient CPU power to run a set of
big access lists.  We use a 2 Ghz PC running UNIX that is setup
as an ethernet to ethernet router in between the actual egress router
and our switches, that does nothing other than screen traffic.
I daresay I could probably list every single host IP
on our network without introducing significant latency.

You will probably find the bulk of the traffic originating
from a handful of misconfigured hosts.

Ted