[c-nsp] clear arp-cache interface on Subinterfaces?

Sascha E. Pollok nsp-list at pollok.net
Wed Jan 12 08:01:12 EST 2005

Folks,

I recently had to debug some customer's ARP problem.
Due to this, I had to flush several of his MAC addresses
from our arp-cache more than once. I found, that the
"clear arp-cache" command supports giving the related
interface using "clear arp-cache interface FastEthernet..".

This is not bad but why doesn't IOS support FastEthernet
subinterface-numbers like "clear arp-cache interface FastEthernet0/1.15" ?

I am still able to clear the arp cache by shut-noshut the interface
but I am wondering why I can give the physical interface, only.

This is on a 12.3(6a).

Anyone?

Cheers
Sascha

P.S.: Yes, I searched Ciscos website - no luck.