[c-nsp] Layer-2 Flapping log messages

Stephen Stuart stuart at tech.org
Wed Jan 12 14:44:01 EST 2005

> Oops my bad - thx missed the first byte.
> This might help http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2338.html
> Possible two devices using vrrp?

DMT:

Good catch (I was wondering why that OUI looked familiar).

Robert:

It's possible that two devices have declared themselves VRRP master,
because the multicast messages that they exchange to elect a master
are getting filtered. The most common cause of this is IGMP snooping
on the switch (multicast-based routing protocols don't manage their
membership by IGMP); either disable IGMP snooping for the switch, or
set whatever it is that tells the switch that routers are attached to
those ports.

Stephen