[c-nsp] Network Analyser with n-way support

Thomas Kernen thomas at ip-man.net
Thu Jan 13 08:12:58 EST 2005

Currently debugging an issue with autonegociation (n-way) between 2
network devices for which it appears that neither vendor can solve the
issue directly. We are now trying to locate an analyser that will allow
us to sniff the n-way negociation from both devices but without the
ports on the analyser doing their own negociation with the end devices,
so basically I'm looking for a "pass through" analyser.

Unfortunally I'm unable to locate such a device that does provide not
only the layer 2/3/+ but also the "pass through" feature for the ports.
Suggestions or workarounds are welcomed.

Cheers
Thomas

PS: let's skip the autoneg = bad thread, most of us agree but here I
have no choice due to lack of vendor support on the specific products.
PPS: Yes, this is actually Cisco hardware related