[c-nsp] cisco 3750 arp timeout

Matt Bazan Mbazan at onelegal.com
Thu Jan 13 19:45:34 EST 2005

Well, it's a bit of a strange one for me.  I'll have to run some more
tests off hours to be sure, but here's what I'm seeing so far:

On these L3 switches we have two VLANs 192.168.50.0/24 and
10.30.50.0/24.  Clusters are on the 10.30.50.0 VLAN.  When the resources
roll, I need clients from then 192.168.50.0 net to reach the cluster but
they're not able to (before resources roll no problem).

After rolling, packets get from the 192.168.50.XXX clients to
192.168.50.1 (the svi of the VLAN) and from their I'm not sure where
they're going as I don't have a sniffer setup.

The arp cache on the switch looks good after a roll (the proper IPs are
mapped to the new MACs, on the right ports) but still no go from the
192.168.50 sub.  At first I was thinking the grat arps were not
populating the arp cache used by the 192.168.50.1 svi but these VLANs
are on the same switch and therefore would use the same cache.  If I do
a 'clear arp-cache' everything is fine, even though the arp cache is the
same once it gets re-populated..

  Matt