[c-nsp] Cisco 7304 as a Border router

McCallum, Robert robert.mccallum at thus.net
Fri Jan 14 10:38:50 EST 2005

Yep not a problem running with the 7304's mate.  However, (yes there is a
however).  DO NOT TOUCH THE NPE-G100 with a BARGE POLE.  It's a 7200 in
disguise.  Opt for the NSE-100.  Everything you are looking to do shall be
done in PXF when using the NSE-100.  The NSE-100 can shift ~4or5 gigs in
total across its backplane whereas the NPE-G100 can shift ~(too embarressed
to say in a public forum + Cisco would send round the heavies).

Robert McCallum
CCIE #8757 R&S