[c-nsp] Cisco 7304 as a Border router

Robert Blayzor rblayzor at inoc.net
Sat Jan 15 10:15:29 EST 2005

Mark Prior wrote:
> We have a 7304-G100 acting as a border router, multiple OC12 transits,
> but it doesn't really like a large number of flows in that role so DOS
> is esepcially annoying. It's fine as an edge system though. The native
> ATM card has MTU problems so I would avoid it. We also had issues with
> the system turning off both ports on the dual OC12 card when it had a
> problem with one of the ports which we considered pretty anti-social.
> We've also had a couple of unexplainable reloads.

Great, thanks.  This is exactly the information I'm looking for.  I've
pretty much taken the 7300 of the solution list due to all the feedbacks
I've gotten now.  (many of which state some of the very things you
mentioned).

I'm actually looking at the 7606 now with the Sup 720-3BXL.
Unfortunately the GSR's seem like a little bit overkill and out of
budget right now.

--
Robert Blayzor, BOFH
INOC, LLC

Me no internet, only janitor, me just wax floors.