[c-nsp] PIX VPN Mesh w/ OSPF

su1droot su1droot at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 14:22:04 EST 2005

You will have to watch out the PIX will not route traffic between VPN
tunnels in the current 6.x release.  I've seen note that this feature
will be in the upcoming 7.0 release, but i don't hold my breath.

Also to support a routing protocol across the the tunnels (since IPSec
doesn't support multicast or broadcast)  you should run GRE across the
IPSec tunnels.  We are doing a similar setup at a customer who is
doing IPSec PIX to PIX and GRE from and internal router over the IPSec
to an internal route at the remote end.  You will have to play with ip
mtu and mss values on the GRE tunnel tho.