[c-nsp] Wipe a Device?

Ryan O'Connell ryan at complicity.co.uk
Sun Jan 16 15:55:19 EST 2005

On 16/01/2005 00:30, Jared Mauch wrote:

>On Sat, Jan 15, 2005 at 04:20:42PM -0800, Baek, Steven A (US SSA) wrote:
>

>>There are utilities out there that allow you to write a zeros to a disk
>>to ensure that the data on that system is unrecoverable. Does anyone
>>know if there is something similar that you can do on a Cisco device to
>>prevent data from being recovered?
>>

>	write erase
>	reload

Don't forget to check flash too - I tend to make backup copies of the
config on a device to flash cards on a regular basis to aid recovery
should it ever be required. (Just copy the config from the flash to
startup-config and reload - that gets you basic connectivity and most
stuff working and you can then update the rest from your latest RANCID
backup.)

--
         Ryan O'Connell - CCIE #8174
<ryan at complicity.co.uk> - http://www.complicity.co.uk

I'm not losing my mind, no I'm not changing my lines,
I'm just learning new things with the passage of time