[c-nsp] Re: Packet Generator

Lupi, Guy Guy.Lupi at eurekanetworks.net
Wed Jan 19 17:27:09 EST 2005

Ethernet output from the box would be fine, I would like to be able to
generate tcp/udp/icmp with random destination Ips and packet sizes, perhaps
where I could define a minimum amount of a certain traffic type.

For instance one scenario would be 75 Mbps output, random destination Ips,
packet sizes from 128 to 1500 bytes, 50% of the traffic should be UDP in
port range 16484 through 32767.  I have never worked with any packet
generation tools before so I don't know if I am being unreasonable with my
budget.