[c-nsp] Re: CAR not working (or not showing) for access-lists with precedence

John Neiberger John.Neiberger at efirstbank.com
Thu Jan 20 11:34:26 EST 2005

I ran into a very similar software bug on a Catalyst 6513. Our access
list counters would not increment reliably and often didn't increment at
all in certain situations. That led us to believe that packets weren't
hitting the access list even though we knew they *had* to be. It was
very weird there for a while. :)  An upgrade to the latest 12.1 release
fixed the problem.

John
--

>>> Sorin CONSTANTINESCU <consta at gmail.com> 1/20/05 9:15:37 AM >>>
I tried 2 things:

1) set a "permit ip any any" at the end of the access-list and this
sequence shows matches
2) an access-list with a match for precedence set as an access-group
on the subinterface shows matches for the sequence with precedence...

Sounds to me like a software bug... :(

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 17:51:40 +0200, Sorin CONSTANTINESCU
<consta at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a 7513 running rsp-pv-mz.123-11.T2.bin with dot1q subifs, and
> rate-limits on access-list which match not only the ip address, but
> also the precedence. I compared this image with
rsp-pv-mz.122-26.bin,

--
Sorin CONSTANTINESCU
consta at gmail.com