[c-nsp] tag-switching on the 6500?

Mike Bernico mbernico at illinois.net
Thu Jan 20 12:28:15 EST 2005

I'm doing LDP on 7600s (same as 6500) with sup720 3BXLs.  While we're
having many horrible problems with the 7600, LDP seems to work ok.

I looked up a document that said the sup2/msfc2/pfc2 was ok for EoMPLS,
MPLS CoS, and MPLS VPN (not TE) so my guess is that it should work with
TDP.

The first thing I'd check is if the packets coming out of the 6500 to
the 7500 are getting labeled.  If I had to guess, I'd guess TDP was
advertising labels but label imposition isn't happening on your packets
because you used card X instead of card Y and card X only labels packets
on Tuesdays.  (Sorry, I'm bitter)  I'd be especially careful of card
support when it comes to L2VPNs.

Good Luck,

Mike