[c-nsp] GigE media converters (LX(fibre single mode)<->TX(copper)

Bill Wichers billw at waveform.net
Thu Jan 20 20:00:32 EST 2005

>      I am looking for quality GigE media converters (LX fibre single to TX
> copper). The purpose of it is to connect GigE links on LX single mode
> fibre
> to TX port switches (Cisco 3750 series). I've checked and asked around our
> Cisco gold partner around here, but I wasn't satisfied with the answers.
> The
> requirements are as follows:

We have had good luck with Allied Telesyn products, although they don't
have the best density when rack mounted. Metrobility makes units that are
a bit better for a service provider application due to better density and
redundancy options (fail over, redundant power supplies, that kind of
thing).

     -Bill