[c-nsp] RPR+ on Cisco 7513

Pete Templin petelists at templin.org
Fri Jan 21 19:56:35 EST 2005

Dan Benson wrote:
> Hello, I am trying to get rpr+ running on a few of my 7513's and am not
> having any luck.  I have tried about 10 different versions of code that
> support this feature without any luck.  The issue I am seeing is show
> redundancy comes up perfectly, but when I force a switch my VIP modules
> go down and do not come back up until I switch back to the other RSP and
> reload the box.  I have also tried SSO with the same results.  I am sure
> I am doing something wrong.  Any ideas?
>
>          System config: Cisco 7513, VIP 4-50's,  RSP4+ with 256 MB
> Ram.   IOS: Version 12.2(18)S7

I've had excellent results with SSO on 12.0(27)S1 and S3.  I was doing
some BGP research one day and concocted a somewhat wild AS regular
expression.  RSP choked instantly, but the other RSP took over
exceptionally well.  Lots of syslog messages showing the progress, no
apparent user impact, only hindrance was no ability to telnet to it
until it progressed far enough through the convergence process (which
was no big deal).

pt