[c-nsp] Cisco Certifications

Stephen J. Wilcox steve at telecomplete.co.uk
Sat Jan 22 16:26:19 EST 2005

Experience wins every time over certs..

Of course if you have a lot of applicants and you dont know them or their
references then you can use experience + certs to shorten the list.

Of course this depends on the cert, CCNA shows someone has the right attitude
and may have potential, CCNP more so and definite potential, CCIE without
experience likely means someone is going to ask for more money than they are
worth (or to put another way you can get someone with more experience for less
money).. MCSE counts as negative of course and any academic computing science
qualifications usually indicate a lot of arguments to be had to slap the newbie
techie into line!

the best people i've hired had no professional qualifications, had industry
experience but not a lot at the level they needed and were quick learners

Steve