[c-nsp] Nat problem

M.Palis security at cytanet.com.cy
Mon Jan 24 04:52:16 EST 2005

Hello all

I have a router with an ATM interface which is connected to a BAS for ADSL
connections and I have configure IP NAT inside on the ATM interface.

The router also has a Gigabit Interface with IP NAT out configuration.

 Due to some restriction that we have we do not want communication between
the users using their Private address (It is controlled  using ACLS), but
ONLY using their public addresses.

Problem is that NAT is not performed when 2 ADSL users that comes via the
ATM interface wants to communicate with each other  because the router
assumes  that the users are directly attached to it and it therefore does
not performed any NAT.

Is their a way to bypass this? Meaning do NAT and then communicate via
public addresses?

Regards