[c-nsp] MTU Question on T1

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Mon Jan 24 14:39:45 EST 2005

The 75xx dMLPPP implementation does not
do any fragmentation without LFI configured.

Even if it did, by my math the best you
can get is to ship a 1500 byte packet split
in half over the two T1's which is like Gert's
math said about 40msec.

You'd have to send 26+ packets to get the
full data over and that comes up to over
1 sec in total serialization time assuming
infinite processing for reassembly on the endpoints.

Therefore it is impossible to get what you want
unless you had some compression that might could
get the actual data down.

Rodney