[c-nsp] Hardware accel. paths for policy routing on C6500

lists at hojmark.org lists at hojmark.org
Mon Jan 24 19:15:13 EST 2005

> Would the following route-map used for policy routing be hardware
> accelerated on a SUP2/MFSC2/PFC2 combo?
>
>    route-map ROUTE_PARTIAL permit 10
>     match ip address match_partial
>     set ip next-hop 1.2.3.4
>
>    ip access-list extended ACL_MATCH_PARTIAL
>      permit ip any any dscp af21

Yes, both 'match ip address' and 'set ip next-hop' are handled in hardware
on the Sup222.

> If the route-map is:
>
>    route-map ROUTE_PARTIAL permit 10
>     match ip address match_partial
>     set ip next-hop 1.2.3.4  5.6.7.8
>
> Then the router will try 1.2.3.4 if it's reachable, and if
> it's not it will go on to try 5.6.7.8 ?

That's the idea. There was a DDTS, however, where the second choice wasn't
programmed in hardware, but was instead handled in software, I think. I
don't have the DDTS number handy, and am not totally sure about the details.
You may want to look this up.

-A