[c-nsp] 12.2(25)S on NPEG1

Marcus Stoegbauer marcus at grmpf.org
Tue Jan 25 09:23:45 EST 2005

On Tuesday 25 January 2005 13:39, nishal goburdhan wrote:
> we've upgraded a few G1s to 25Sx and noticed that periodically, the router
> disables 'ip route-cache' across all interfaces.
>
> 'sh ip int' reveals:
>   IP fast switching is enabled
>   IP Flow switching is disabled
>   IP CEF switching is disabled
>
> Cisco 7206VXR (NPE-G1) processor (revision A) with 983040K/65536K bytes of
> memory. System image file is "disk2:c7200-k91p-mz.122-25.S2.bin"
>
> ...same has also occured on 12.2(25)S.
>
> has anyone else noticed this?

Yep, that happened here on nearly all of our routers, with NPE-G1 and also
with NPE-400.
We only did minor changes to the configuration (removing a subinterface,
removing an area from OSPF and so on), and suddenly all interfaces had "no ip
route-cache" and "no ip route-cache cef" set.
Interesting enough, it doesn't happen all the time: On two routers with
exactly the same configuration, hardware and software versions, we changed
the same things in the config, router1 had "no ip route-cache" set on the
interfaces, router2 not.

The problem with "clear access-list counter" happened here, too. I'm currently
waiting for Cisco to see that it really is a bug ("Please use clear
access-list instead of clear ip access-list" and "Please update to the latest
release" isn't very good advice when we're already running 12.2(25)S2 and I
only left out the "clear access-list" lines in the bug report to simplify
it ...).

   Marcus