[c-nsp] PIX OS 7.0 and PIX520, supported?

Chris Cappuccio chris at nmedia.net
Wed Jan 26 04:33:16 EST 2005

You mean forwarding a packet back out the same interface it was received on?

Nope, ok, you have to buy a ROUTER for that.  It ROUTES packets, see.
(Never mind the dynamic or static route options that the PIX provides,
it's just a firewall, for christ's sake!) So, go ahead and buy a Cisco(R)
ROUTER to put in front of your PIX.

Perhaps you could ask the engineers to spend the hundreds or thousands of hours
it would require to implement this extensive feature on to the existing
software.  It might be a complicated endeavor, rivaled by the engineering
of the rock-solid 2800 series, or perhaps even the Space Shuttle, but I bet
they can get it done.

While I'm at it, I'm going to send you a bill for the time I took to write
this, and I have a fourty hour minimum.  No, four hundred hours...Yeah,
that's the ticket...  Four hundred hour minimum...

Brian Feeny [signal at shreve.net] wrote:

> Does anyone know if Cisco will support the 520 with PIX OS 7.0?
>
> Anyone know if 7.0 is going to support hairpinning of VPN tunnels?
>
> Brian

The past cannot be changed.  The future cannot be guaranteed.