[c-nsp] Connecting Two 6509's with OSM-2OC12-POS Cards

Richard J. Sears rsears at americanIS.net
Wed Jan 26 11:27:19 EST 2005

Hey Everyone,

I am looking to possible connect two of my 6509's running the SUP720
engines together utilizing an OC12 and the  OSM-2OC12-POS cards.

The switches are separated by long distance and I need to connect them
with an OC12.

What I cannot seem to find out is if the 6509's see those interfaces
like they would an ethernet or gig interface.

The reason this is important is that I want to make that connection a
trunk port so I can push ISL/VTP across the link between the switches
and do all the cool VLAN stuff I do now with gig and 100mb ethernet
connections between the switches.

Anyone out there doing this with these cards...?

Thanks

Richard J. Sears
Vice President
American Internet Services
rsears at adnc.com
http://www.adnc.com
858.576.4272 - Phone
858.427.2401 - Fax
INOC-DBA - 6130

I fly because it releases my mind
from the tyranny of petty things . .

"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've
never been hurt and dance like you do when nobody's
watching."