[c-nsp] 256bit AES w/Cisco VPN Client

Tony Mucker Tony at tonymucker.com
Wed Jan 26 17:48:34 EST 2005

A few months ago, we put in a new firewall and with it a new VPN
solution for our off-site users.  As a backup, we also use PPTP via the
built in clients for Microsoft (128bit).

The problem that some of my users are having is that the PPTP VPN tends
to tolerate less-then-excellent links, when compared to the Cisco VPN
Client.  I don't have any problems from home, but I'm not that big of a
VPN user, and my connection at home is fairly stable.

My boss would like to go with one solution to support, the Cisco
Client.  The question is, what can I do for the Cisco Client to make it
more resilient when dealing with less than ideal links?  Is turning town
the encryption to 128bit or even lower an option?

Thanks again,
Tony