[c-nsp] 2811 router doesn't recognize T-1 WICs - solved (sort of)

Kevin Graham mahargk at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 22:44:59 EST 2005

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 16:10:32 -0800 (PST), Jay Hennigan <jay at w

> That's one out of six good ones.  They shipped it, and it's happy.
>
> But, I suspect some of the V2 WICs are shipping with incompatibilities,
> or a whale of a lot of them are just plain NFG*.

Are these genuine Cisco parts? I know the counterfeit market for
VWIC's (both T1 and E1) is really brazen, so wondering if someone
latched onto the -V2 WIC's. Atleast when it was PA-FE-TX or equiv
knockoffs, they were passed off price-equivalent to used Cisco gear.
Looking at prices on VWIC's, there's no question as to which are
which.

ObCiscoNSP -- has anyone at Cisco compared the ill will vs. revenue
gain of keyed SFP/XenPak's to support issues vs. revenue lost of fake
WIC/VWIC/PA's? Perhaps focus lock-in efforts on components that
_don't_ have the pretense of being standard?