[c-nsp] Better way of finding out the source of process switchedtraffic?

Dave Temkin dave at ordinaryworld.com
Thu Jan 27 08:38:40 EST 2005

CEF switching shows up as enabled on the interfaces...  Nothing odd in
show cef int, either..

In show cef not:

bala-choke-1#   show cef not
CEF Packets passed on to next switching layer
Slot  No_adj No_encap Unsupp'ted Redirect  Receive  Options   Access
Frag
RP      1936       0           0        0    27202        0        0
0

That receive # is incrementing - the counters were cleared at 7:30am...

The router runs BGP so I assume that some of that is the traffic punted up
from processing as well as my telnets/etc..