[c-nsp] Better way of finding out the source of process switched traffic?

Jason Ackley jason at ackley.net
Thu Jan 27 08:43:46 EST 2005

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005, Dave Temkin wrote:

> It's all PAT.
>
> I had tried ip route-cache policy in the past with no
> difference - I was under the impression that was used for Fast switching
> versus CEF so that in CEF it wouldn't matter (it would always be CEF
> switched).

 Quick question, how much DNS traffic do you have going thru the NAT/PAT ?

 Many moons ago I had problems in a 7200/NSE1 when it first came out since
I had lots of DNS traffic which IOS wanted to look into the data portion
to see if it needed to rewrite any of the DNS data.

I asked for some time to have a nerd-knob added to disable this, but it
never got done from what I know..

cheers,
--
jason