[c-nsp] Jitter measurments using SAA

Amol Sapkal amolsapkal at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 12:11:56 EST 2005

I have successfully tried this out. But your ways of measuring jitter
may vary. For me, I used CISCO-RTTMON mib; you can use the following
way to calculate and plot jitter:

Value 1: (OWSD max -OWSD min)
Value 2: (OWDS max - OWDS min)

Now use the wondeful tool created by the God (Tobi Oetikar) called
MRTG to plot this values.

You will need a bit of perl scripting to actually capture 4 values and
filter it to 2. But then, it works wonders once set.

Make sure you go through the CISCO-RTTMON mib.

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 11:23:23 +0200, M.Palis <security at cytanet.com.cy> wrote:
> Hello all
>
> We would like to measure jitter using Service Assurance Agent from a Cisco
> router and graph the results using cricket or mrtg or RTG.
>
> We try with Cricket but we did not manage to measure jitter. We manage to
> measure icmp=echo delay but not jitter.
>
> Can anybody help me with the above issue? Does Cricket support Jitter
> measurements? If no Is it possible to measure Jitter using MRTG or RTG?
>
> Your help will be appreciated

Warm Regds,

Amol Sapkal