[c-nsp] ATM and ABR (DSL termination)

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Fri Jan 28 00:32:25 EST 2005

We don't do any abr on our vc's just ubr and vbr.  But, I can tell
you if your not shaping your outbound traffic on each vc at all your
in real trouble.  If you have a 45MB ATM feed to Covad and a sdsl
subscriber has a 1MB pvc off that feed, you could theoretically be
throwing 44MB of bandwidth into the bit bucket for that one customer,
for a short period that is.

Ted