[c-nsp] iBGP - Multihoming ideas

John Gitau gitau at wananchi.com
Fri Jan 28 00:57:59 EST 2005

-> Not sure I understand what you mean by 'everyting'. Do you
-> mean full Internet routes, partial routes, whatever B and HQ
-> have, IXP routes, e.t.c.?

No not full internet routes, actually come to think of it I dont
think even my upstream provider gets those, so we point a default
route to them at the HQ, we only run BGP with them so they can
further advertise our routes to whomever they get their bandwidth
from.

-> Okay, is this the way you have designed it, that you only
-> have partial routes in B and HQ, or is this the problem you
-> are trying to solve? What exactly do you need B and HQ to send
to A?

Im fishing for ideas on how to go about the whole setup. By
everything I meant everything B and HQ have, then Router A
decides how best to send the traffic. The only problem in this
case is since those two routers don't have full internet routes
either, they'd need to both send/announce a default route to
router A (thats for anyone trying to reach a destination not on
HQ and B's routing tables) Which works okay at the moment. I was
just worried for when I need to add more routers.

**gitau