[c-nsp] multicast on layer 2

Tantsura, Jeff jtantsura at ugceurope.com
Fri Jul 1 07:50:34 EDT 2005

Gert,

I'd like to stop this pointless discussion right now...
I think it's a question of point of view and terminology.
IMHO the fact that first hop router knows about existence of multicast
sources on it's LAN interface means that the router has registered these
sources and that these sources are registered to(by) the router.

Have a nice weekend,
Jeff