[c-nsp] VTP on 7200 Platform...?

Richard J. Sears rsears at americanIS.net
Fri Jul 1 11:04:42 EDT 2005

Hey Folks -

Does anyone know if there any version of the IOS for the 7200 platform
that will allow me to speak VTP with my 6500s without having to run
802.1q or ISL.. or is the VTP specifically limited to products with
switch engines..?

If not, does/will 802.1q integrate seemlessly within my VTP domain..?

This is what I would like to do:

LA6509 - (Dual Gig-E VTP TRUNKS) - SD6509 (gig-e handoff w/VTP/802.1q) -
SD7206VXR

I would like vlans on my LA6509 and SD6509 to show up on my SD7206VXR

Many Thanks

Richard J. Sears

I fly because it releases my mind
from the tyranny of petty things . .

"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've
never been hurt and dance like you do when nobody's
watching."