[c-nsp] disable console port

Buhrmaster, Gary gtb at slac.stanford.edu
Fri Jul 1 16:23:18 EDT 2005

And (and this is getting a bit, just a little bit, off topic),
"soldered-in" does not mean one cannot remove/replace
them.  There are lots of places with a few miles of where I
am typing this which will do board rework of that nature
even for those high density flow soldered components that
I can no longer do with my trusty 20 year old soldering iron.
*If* you want/need to pay for it.  If you *really* need to
protect the content of such devices you have to spend the
money to design it in (look at something like the IBM 4758).
And even then, sometimes there are ways to exact the
information.

No service password-recovery will protect against the
casual mistakes/attacks.  It does not protect against
someone who is motivated.

Gary