[c-nsp] The number of ARP entries supported from Cisco 7507 RSP16

Hyunseog Ryu r.hyunseog at ieee.org
Mon Jul 4 20:23:08 EDT 2005

Currently it has about 600 entries from Cisco 7507 RSP16 with 1Gb Memory.
It is running IOS 12.3.10 GD release.
It is configured for dot1q trunk for ethernet connection, and ethernet
connection connected to Cisco 3550 ethernet switches.
Sometimes when engineer cleared ARP table using "clear arp", customer
connection doesn't pop up with ARP table unless somebody ping to
customer ip address.
I opened the ticket with Cisco, but they had no clue.
I'm wondering whether I abuse Cisco 7507 with ARP table, or not.
This Cisco 7507 only has one DS3 with Frame Relay configuration, and two
Fast Ethernet ports in use.

Hyun