[c-nsp] Transient Memory and 12.4

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Mon Jul 4 22:14:16 EDT 2005

> > There isn't any that I know of because it was an infrastructure
> > change that should be transparent to the end user. The only
> > goal was to decrease fragmentation of memory by processes that
> > use small blocks over and over.
>
> Therefore "transient memory" is another name of "improving work with
> small blocks of memory ?

Sorta. We use a concept of "chunk"s for memory usage when it's
a lot of blocks of fixed sizes. ie: BGP table

This "transient memory" concept if more of how to manage the entire
heap region to prevent memory blocks from being scattered throughout
the entire region hence decreasing the chance we can coalesce back
together.

But back to my question. What problem are you seeing and can you
send the outputs?