[c-nsp] Changing from iBGP to eBGP

Mark Tohill Mark at u.tv
Tue Jul 5 06:32:29 EDT 2005

Hi,

We're hoping to change our setup with our sole up-stream provider
(peered with them across 2 x  PoPs) from iBGP to eBGP. We hope this will
give us more flexibility and control in the future

-          we accept the full routing table.

-          advertise non-contiguous (!!!) portions our our address space
from each of our PoP's.

-          already secured our own ASN from RIPE.

-          have out-of-date route objects in RIPE which we are hoping to
amend. (or our provider, they maintain them)

-          hope to request this change fairly soon.

Has anyone out there hands-on experience of same/similar?

Apart from neighbor configuration (remote-as etc...), are there any
other major config changes?

Are there any potential pitfalls?

Thanks,

Mark