[c-nsp] Privilege levels and Secure ACS

Brett Looney brett at looney.id.au
Tue Jul 5 19:11:14 EDT 2005

At 22:48 5/07/2005, you wrote:
>Is 'show config' the same as 'show startup' ? The problem we have here
>is that due to policy we don't always 'write mem' immediately, which
>can obviously cause interesting troubleshooting problems when support
>can't see the actual real config.

Yeah, and that will be the short coming with not having "show run".

>The other reason for wanting 'show run' specifically is that 'show run
>int x' is just too useful to discard.

Absolutely. However, "show start | begin int x" is a reasonable
alternative, with "/" getting you further occurrences. Not perfect
admittedly but it is something. Doesn't get over your issue of not having
the config written though...

B.