[c-nsp] OT: DC Power supplies

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Fri Jul 8 00:40:05 EDT 2005

On Thu, 7 Jul 2005, Jay Hennigan wrote:

> > This is slightly OT, but does anyone know of a product that can take 2 DC
> > power inputs (A and B side) and put that out on a single output (C?).  I
> > have a redundant feed that I need to attach to a non-redundant device and
> > would like to keep as much redundancy in the loop as possible..
> >
> > Any info or pointers would be great.
>
> Two diodes should do it.  I don't know if anyone has produced a commercial
> implementation.

They have.  This has come up before...I was looking for such a thing some
months (year?) ago.  IIRC, they're called C source fuse panels or
something similar, and are basically externally just like a normal A/B 48v
DC fuse panel except that the outputs are all C (combined A/B with diodes
I assume).

We have one or more of these deployed.  I'll see if I can find out exactly
what they're called.