[c-nsp] Pix security levels

Brian Lehigh brianl at sti.net
Mon Jul 11 17:55:18 EDT 2005

Try this:
>From Cisco:

same-security-traffic
To permit communication between interfaces with equal security levels, use
the same-security-traffic command in global configuration mode. To disable
the same-security interfaces, use the no forms of this command.

same-security-traffic permit {inter-interface | intra-interface}

no same-security-traffic permit {inter-interface | intra-interface}

Syntax Description
inter-interface
 Permits communication between different interfaces that have the same
security level.

intra-interface
 Permits communication in and out of the same interface when traffic is
IPSec protected.

Defaults
This command has no default settings.

Command Modes
The following table shows the modes in which you can enter the command:

Command Mode
 Firewall Mode
 Security Context

Routed
 Transparent
 Single
 Multiple

Context
 System

Global configuration
 .
 .
 .
 .
 -

Command History
Release
 Modification

7.0
 This command was introduced.

Usage Guidelines
Allowing communication between same security interfaces provides the
following benefits:

.You can configure more than 101 communicating interfaces. If you use
different levels for each interface, you can configure only one interface
per level (0 to 100).

.You want traffic to flow freely between all same security interfaces
without access lists.

If you enable NAT control, you do not need to configure NAT between same
security level interfaces.

Examples
The following example shows how to enable the same-security interface
communication:

hostname(config)# same-security-traffic permit inter-interface

Related Commands
Command
 Description

show running-config same-security-traffic
 Displays the same-security-traffic configuration.

Brian Lehigh
Network Operations Center
Sierra Tel Internet
http://www.sti.net