[c-nsp] how to test multicast?

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Mon Jul 11 18:14:23 EDT 2005

On Mon, Jul 11, 2005 at 05:04:28PM -0500, Andy Webster wrote:
> hi,
>  	I am trying to create a list of good resources to use to test
> multicast.  I think what I really would like to compile is a list rps
> that other people use to mtrace to in order to prove multicast is
> working?  Does anyone else have pointers to something like this?

	you may want to look at using iperf.

	if you want something lightweight, i also have an app
that i've developed (note low version number) that will run on a *nix
box.

	ftp://puck.nether.net/pub/jared/rtt-0.12.tar.gz

	it listens on a hardcoded group address in rtt_resp.c,
you can change it, then run the app .. i can provide help in private
to those that actually care about it.

	you can also use the multicast beacon

http://dast.nlanr.net/projects/beacon/

	- jared