[c-nsp] Mem and CPU resources on Cat6k

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Wed Jul 13 16:24:36 EDT 2005

On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 10:18:40PM +0200, Tomasz Baczynski wrote:
> Wednesday, July 13, 2005, 9:40:16 PM, you wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 09:36:42PM +0200, Tomasz Baczynski wrote:
> >>
> >>   I have a few Cat6k with sup2/msfc2 and I don't know, how I can get
> >>   information about memory and cpu resources from supervisor on this
> >>   switches.
> >>   I know "remote command module X sh mem free",
> >>   but it seems to me collect this by snmp is a better choice.
> >>   OK. write some expect scripts is another solution,
> >>   but IMHO, not the best.
> >>
> >>   Anybody know any oids or have any other concepts to resolve this
> >>   problem?
>
> >         you can watch this stuff in 12.2SX releases with snmp.
>
> Thx. :-)
>
> now I must only buy over a dozen flash cards :(

	Just get the $9 CF <-> PCMCIA and a few old CF mem cards
(128m are cheap these days) and format them and you should be "ok",
just don't expect tac to RMA them for you :)

	That way if you upgrade to s720 you can just take the CF
card with you :)

	Now, I would honestly recommend to get big CF cards, enough
that you can save a few images on them, and honestly, at least 512m
if you can afford it.

	- jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net