[c-nsp] IP assignment tool

Matt Edwell matt.edwell at pipex.net
Thu Jul 14 07:29:38 EDT 2005

Hello, I'm looking for an open source or off-the-shelf product to manage our
RIPE assigned IP space and I was wondering if the list could help?

Our current scripts were designed for one class B and are now no longer
suitable for the 10+ registries we've merged through various acquisitions.
I've contacted RIPE and they've given me a list of tools (FreeIPDB RoboBijal
IPplan etc) which I've already evaluated and found to be lacking either the
ability to 'speak' to the RIPE db or manage the breakout of subnets to
individual IP's...most can do one or the other reasonably, but none can do
both.

I don't have access to a great deal of developers time so ideally I'm after
something 'out of the box' yet open source so it can be enhanced if needs
be.

The tool will need to allow us to:-

import our exisiting registry objects

communicate with RIPE ssl or pgp email

designate blocks of address space to specific functions in specific
locations (i.e. 'hosting in London' or if possible 'router y, rack 2, floor
2, manchester')

allow different user groups access to specific IP blocks

stipulate the usage of specific IP's within a subnet

There are a lot more requirements, but you get the general idea.

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.