[c-nsp] IOS and SLB

Mark Tohill Mark at u.tv
Thu Jul 14 12:06:15 EDT 2005

Hi,

Apologies if similar has already been posted.

We have a standard IOS SLB setup with 2 x Cisco3725's running HSRP. IOS
SLB setup for a few servers on private LAN. They're running www, ftp,
https. We have a customer who needs figures for maximum connections
supported for www, for example.

How do we go about trying to estimate the approx. max connections for
each vserver, for example.

What are the determining factors in connection capacity for 'typical'
www sessions?

We are trying to provision for growth etc. i.e exact nos. are not
required (or possible).

Any help appreciated.

Mark.