[c-nsp] DSL aggregation on 122-25.S5

james edwards hackerwacker at cybermesa.com
Thu Jul 14 15:56:33 EDT 2005

I understand that DSL aggregation features are being added to the S train. I
would like to know
if current S train will support my DSL configs. I opened a case with TAC;
all they did is load my config
and tell me "It loads without error".  I was seeking a bit more guidance.

Here are the DSL configs I use for DSL, is anyone doing DSL agg on S or can
someone from Cisco
comment on if my basic requirements for DSL agg are now supported by current
12S ?
I am using Radius to provide auth (AAA) for the PPPoA.

Multipoint, bridged and routed:

!
interface ATM3/0.1 multipoint
 description xxxxx bridged customer connections
 no ip mroute-cache
 atm pvc 131 1 31 aal5snap
 atm pvc 134 1 34 aal5snap
 bridge-group 1
 bridge-group 1 spanning-disabled

!
interface ATM3/0.2 multipoint
 description #1 xxxxx routed customer connections
 ip address 216.253.145.129 255.255.255.128
 no ip mroute-cache
 pvc 1/46
  protocol ip 216.253.145.133 no broadcast

PPPoA:

!
interface ATM4/0.32 point-to-point
 description xxxx DSL
 no ip mroute-cache
 pvc 1/32
  encapsulation aal5mux ppp Virtual-Template1

!
interface Virtual-Template1
 description xxxx_WAN1 DSL customers
 ip unnumbered Loopback1
 ip verify unicast source reachable-via rx allow-self-ping
 peer default ip address pool xxxxx_WAN1
 keepalive 15
 ppp authentication pap

Route-bride IP:

!
interface ATM4/0.60 point-to-point
 description xxxx DSL
 ip unnumbered Loopback2
 no ip mroute-cache
 atm route-bridged ip
 atm arp-server self
 pvc 1/60
  encapsulation aal5snap
 !
 arp timeout 1200

ip route 1.1.1.1 255.255.255.255 ATM4/0.60

James H. Edwards
Routing and Security Administrator
At the Santa Fe Office: Internet at Cyber Mesa
jamesh at cybermesa.com  noc at cybermesa.com
http://www.cybermesa.com/ContactCM
(505) 795-7101